Intern / Trainee
Duration: 7 months (with possibility to prolong)
Gross salary per month: CHF 1,500 (100%)
swisspeace is a practice-oriented peace research institute. swisspeace contributes to the improvement of conflict prevention and conflict transformation by producing innovative research, shaping discourses on international peace policy, developing and applying new peacebuilding tools and methodologies, supporting and advising other peace actors, as well as by providing and facilitating spaces for analysis, discussion, critical reflection and learning. swisspeace offers a variety of courses and postgraduate programs in cooperation with the University of Basel.
To support the Continuing Education team we are looking for an Intern / Trainee (100%).
- Support the organization of courses (2-5 days each, taking place at the University of Basel)
- Support the course administration (e.g. applications, course material)
- Support advertising activities (e.g. mailings, flyer)
- Coordinate and revise academic assignments
- Manage communication with participants and faculty
- BA (higher degrees will not be accepted) in international relations, social sciences, business administration, or similar disciplines
- Strong communication skills, affinity for academic writing is an asset
- Strong organizational skills, reliable and paying attention to detail
- Self-initiative, able to work independently and as part of a team, able to work under pressure
- Excellent IT skills (MS Office, particularly Excel and Word, online platforms)
- Proficiency in English (C1); good command of German or French
We offer you
- A challenging internship in an attractive field of work with political relevance
- Gaining insights in all of swisspeace's thematic areas and meeting experienced academics and practitioners from all over the world
- A positive working atmosphere in a dynamic and international team
- Good working conditions and attractive work place in Basel, Switzerland.
Application / Contact
We look forward to receiving your complete application in English including a cover letter, CV, work certificates and diplomas in PDF format by 19 July 2020. Interviews will take place in calendar weeks 33 and 34.
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning 'Intern Continuing Education' in the subject line. More information can be found at www.swisspeace.ch/courses or received via telephone +41 31 330 12 12.
Overige advertenties werkgever
Tenure Track position as Assistant Professor in Machine Learning
Umeå University Umeå
PhD scholarship within the area animal nutrition and health
Norwegian University of Life Sciences (NMBU) Oslo
PhD scholarship within aquaculture
Norwegian University of Life Sciences (NMBU)
Assistenz Management Support (m / w)
University of Basel Basel
Assistant Professor in Statistics
Handelshøyskolen BI / BI Norwegian Business School